Tuesday, December 26, 2023

I Consign

 If there are those who have died for love

let me be among them

rather than those who died for hate.

For I would not be great in

any single thing

if it would not be

love. 

And hate is not great

to be with in life,

or to be with when late.

And so among the lovers doomed

who bled their breaths out 

while their passions bloomed

across piano keys

or canvasses or 

the bodies of their lovers,

to be among these

I consign my spirit.

I have loved too well

not to have done so wisely. 

To have loved greatly is

no shame

and to love broadly is 

the best game in town.

Let me lay myself down

having been down. 

The brightest of goofs,

the quintessence of 

saps, the homo sapiens, sap. 

I loved, therefore I was. 

My only because. 

No comments: