Thursday, November 2, 2023

November 2: Irritation

 His name in my mouth like an ulcer,

spoiling my appetite,

dull and metallic.

It brushes the sharpness of my

teeth with

dazzling pain

when I have to say his

name again

(and somehow I always have to).

The center of attention

he is, like sand in an oyster

making a pearl of 

no price.

Am I being too harsh?

No. 

This is me,

being nice.

A corpse at every wedding

and a bride at every funeral,

a dull blade at a beheading

and a cover price for a free for all--

a menace to country

and an offense to God

with a bad-fitting suit

and hair so odd

it folds about his skull like a nest

for departed origami cranes.

He could stain a black hole. 

If the world were to devour him whole,

I think he would make the crater sick

him up like ipecac

and look none the worse,

and I wish his hearse would be 

a fly-ridden sanitation truck.

Fuck! He should greet death

on a prison toilet and be captured

on a million cameras

for the tabloids to devour--

and that's the mildest thing I'd shower him with;

the acid of my words--

not literal vitriol.

And why do I assault him thus?

I must admit.

It calms my soul.


No comments: