Friday, November 3, 2023

November 3: Gifts

 I drank and spoke with the oracle again

and she spoke in riddles

like she does, because

she doesn't like to talk to men,

nor even the female of our kind.

Anyway, I brought a bottle

and she brought her glass, 

and when we were eye to eye and off our ass

she said something I kept in mind:

"Wisdom is an owl nesting 

in a yet-unplanted tree.

Truth is water from a well 

not dug, and peace is 

the tree the owl sits on,

and while some people bend the knee

because knees bend,

to pray or to yield,

or to kneel on someone,

there's something else that could be done. 

What if people just saw the needs

and tried to be the

means? So here are seeds

and a shovel."

And that was about as clear to me as 

the things she ever says could be,

and I get the big

idea of our revel; 

she meant "dig". 


No comments: